• Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

Boys Hockey with first win against Marblehead

Joe+Orlando+plays+the+puck+behind+the+net+in+last+Saturdays+game+against+Concord-Carlisle.+
Dawn Enos
Joe Orlando plays the puck behind the net in last Saturday’s game against Concord-Carlisle.

Coming off the hockey team’s hard loss last Saturday, the boys pulled a trick out of their sleeve on the road with a 3-2 win against the Marblehead Magicians. 

Charlie Terelak, Cade Cooper, and Colby Jewell scored for the Fishermen.

Gloucester started off the game hot with a Terealak goal, but the Magicians answered quick with a goal of their own. The student section for Marblehead was aggressive and loud, but the Fishermen payed no mind, coming out strong. The game was a rough one for the Fishermen, with a lot of penalties occurring on both sides. Most of the game was played on either power plays or penalty kills. The game went back and forth between the two teams, with strong performances by Brett Cunningham and James Sanfilippo on the ice. 

Due to a dirty hit from behind, key player Cooper went out late in the second period with an injury. The Marblehead player did not get a penalty for the hit. The Fishermen slowly chipped away at the Magicians, playing the puck aggressively throughout the three periods. The boys were strong on defense, 

Jewell scored the game-winning shot shorthanded, with 3 minutes and 48 seconds left in the game. The Fishermen were the only team getting penalties in the third period, but Jewell showed up in the last few minutes with an offensive push. 

Nick Tarantino had a standout job in the net, blocking many shots that the Magicians hit to him. He was the backbone for the Fishermen during the game, being a reliable force between the pipes during all three periods coming up with many big saves in key moments.  

The team is currently 1-1 on the season, with their next game at Dorothy Talbot rink this Saturday at 6pm. Pack the tank and get ready to make some noise for the boys as they hope to move their record to 2-1.