• Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

Can’t stop them now: girls hockey snags another win

The+girls+hockey+team+celebrates+a+goal.+
Dawn Enos
The girls hockey team celebrates a goal.

No trick the Marblehead Magicians pulled out of their sleeves could faze the Gloucester Fishermen girls’ hockey team in their 6-0 win at The Tank.

Goals were scored by Captain Brooke McNiff, Halia Taylor, Jenna Connelly, Elizabeth Gentile, Sydney Bouchie, and Lily Pregent. Gloucester’s assists were from Pregent, McNiff, Ari Scola, and Captain Ella Costa.

Taylor started the game for the Fishermen, scoring her goal in one of the top corners of the net after a Pregent pass. Connelly scored next, taking advantage of a Gloucester power play and ripping up Marblehead’s defense. 

To start off the second period, 8th grader Gentile scored her first varsity goal unassisted to bring the Fishermen to 3-0. It wasn’t long before McNiff scored a sniper past Marblehead’s goalie to finish the second 4-0.

If the Magicians thought they could come back, Gloucester left no room for imagination by scoring two more goals in the third. With Bouchie’s bullet of a goal from a Costa pass along with Pregent’s unassisted goal, the Fishermen solidified their 6-0 win.

Sophomore goalie Kaydin Cusumano blocked all 11 shots from the Magicians while her own team put up a total of 24 shots. This shutout marks Cusumano’s 5th shutout of the season. 

The U10 Cape Ann Youth Girls Hockey team also got the chance to meet and warm up with the Varsity team before their scrimmage between the first and second periods. 

The girls are now 13-3-1 on the season with their senior night on February 7th at the Tank. Make sure to come to support the team’s graduating seniors in the ceremony before the puck drops at 5 pm.