• Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

Fishermen drop game to Headers

Dawn Enos
Dorothy Talbot rink during a game

Plagued with the loss of three total starters across 2 lines, the Fishermen dropped their home game against the Marblehead Headers with a score of 3-1.

The lone goal for the Fishermen was scored by Colby Warren, with an assist from Cade Cooper. 

The game started with the injury of first-liner Jackson Hakes, who did not return to the ice after evaluation. Despite that, both teams were quiet on both sides of the ice for most of the 1st period before Cooper sniped a shot to Marblehead’s net for Warren to score.

With Gloucester ahead by 1, Marblehead lit up and took their gameplay into high gear. A goal scored within the first 4 minutes of the 2nd by the Headers resulted in a tie-game and a misfortune for the Fishermen. The Headers were aggressive with their play, slamming Gloucester into the boards any chance they got. An aggressive hit by Marblehead even threw Warren across the ice and into the boards, causing the junior to lay on the ice before eventually getting up to go to the bench. Warren got back to the ice in the 3rd period. 

It all hit the fan in the 3rd period when Marblehead scored with 5 minutes left to go in the game. Even with the 2-1 score, Gloucester was confident that they could at least tie the game, if not win it. However, a Marblehead goal scored from across the ice on Gloucester’s open net, solidifying the Headers’ first NEC win all season. 

Marblehead was far away from the Fishermen regarding their shots on net, totaling over 11 shots more than Gloucester in just the 2nd period alone. With the loss, Gloucester drops to a 7-6 record, losing the last 5 out of 6 games. They play Peabody this Saturday at 6pm, hungry for a victory.