Health center to host luncheon for senior class

DANIELLE DENMAN, Staff Writer, Editor

Thursday, May 16, the Health Center will be hosting a free luncheon for the senior class during both lunch blocks.

The event is catered, and will be held in Flo Johnson’s room 3307, but first seniors must visit Health and Wellness Coordinator Karen Hurst in Room 1214 to put their name on the attendance list.

The luncheon will also include a student survey in order to collect information about what students know, or do not know about their health, and give them an opportunity to ask questions before their transition to college.

“One of the great questions a student had asked was how would they get their prescription medication in college,” said Hurst. “It is not something students really think about at this point in time.”

The survey will be anonymous, and used by Health Center staff to determine what they have succeeded in and what they need to further educate.

The event is directed towards students have utilized the Health Center or regularly help out there, however, Hurst says she is willing to help anyone and answer any questions regarding the transition from high school to college.

Above all, Hurst wants to congratulate all graduating seniors and remind them to focus on their health into adulthood.

“It is to say congratulations, and get kids thinking about their healthcare future.”