Docksiders to perform free concert at Shalin Liu in Rockport

Music+Director+Dan+Fleury+poses+in+front+of+the+Docksiders.+

Jason Grow

Music Director Dan Fleury poses in front of the Docksiders.

MARIA KOTOB, Staff writer, Editor

As the year begins to wrap up, Gloucester High School Docksiders prepare for their Spring concerts, all which will occur in May. The first will be tonight, May 2nd at the Shalin Liu Performance Center in Rockport where the students will perform jazz, rock, funk, and Latin music on tap for the evening, with Sadie Cook as vocals. The doors will open at 6:30 and the performance begins at 7:00PM.

The Shalin Liu is a world-class facility where artists from all over come to perform. At tonight’s concert will be free for anyone interested to enjoy the space and ocean view while supporting the students hard work.

Fleury hopes to see many people there.

We hope you can make it out!”

Following tonight’s performance, the Docksiders will have three last concerts of the school year, whose information will be listed below.

“It’s definitely crazy that it’s ending. Having 3 director shifts in 4 years has made it a very unique time. I’m very excited as I feel these will be my best concerts but it is sad to know it’s my last,” said senior Docksiders member Christian Celentano. “I feel incredibly blessed to have been able to work with such an amazing group of people and the things I’ve learned and connections I have made I’ll carry with me throughout my life. I know its coming to an end but I’m excited to see what this band is becoming and what it will achieve.”

Upcoming concerts:

GHS Music Eighth Grade Step Up Night

When: Tuesday, May 15th at 6:30 PM

Where: Gloucester High School

The GHS Docksiders Swing Dance

When: Saturday, May 19th at 7:00 PM

Where: Gloucester City Hall

Chorus Spring Concert

When: Sunday, May 20th at 4:00 PM

Where: The Gloucester Unitarian Universalist Church

If you have any questions about the performances, contact Music Director Dan Fleury at 978-281-9870 ext. 11311 or at [email protected].