“Nora’s Lost” opens this weekend

Marisa Orlando

Actors stand on stage rehearsing for Nora’s Lost

MADISON LAING, Staff Writer

Looking for something to do this weekend? The GHS Theater program will be performing “Nora’s Lost,” a powerful one act play about loss and the mind of a woman with Alzheimer’s Disease opening Thursday night for a three day run.

“Nora’s Lost” is about an elderly woman with Alzheimer’s named Nora ,who is lead out into the woods by the ghost of her dead husband. Nora then gets lost physically in the woods but also struggles and becomes lost in her mind and memories.

“I think the show is something people can easily connect to because it deals with problems within families, and heartbreak,” said Karlee Hynes, who plays Nora’s daughter Martha. “This play is a lot different than ones we’ve done in the past because something is constantly happening on stage. You could see the show multiples times and you’d be able to see something different happening on stage each time.”

“The set is minimalistic but still leaves a creepy feeling, I didn’t want to take away from the actors or the storyline itself. We wanted the set to be abstract to show the inner workings of Nora’s mind,” said set designer Maddie Gossom.

The show is roughly 34 minutes long- the shortest play the program has done. If you have time to stop down on any of the days, bring your friends and family to enjoy this powerful show together.

“We worked really hard on the set, come see the show!” said Gossom.

IF YOU GO

WHAT? Nora’s Lost

WHEN? Thursday November 16th 7:00pm, Friday November 17th 7:00pm, Saturday November 18th- matinee 1:00pm & evening show 7:00pm

WHERE? GHS Putney Auditorium

HOW MUCH? Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for students, staff and seniors.

*save $2 if you buy tickets online here https://gloucesterhighdrama.blogspot.com/p/tickets.html