Spring Fling fundraiser to benefit DECA trip to nationals

DELANEY BENCHOFF, Contributer

This month, twenty-three dedicated Gloucester High School DECA students competed at the Massachusetts DECA State Competition. Of the near two dozen students, a handful placed top ten in their category, and one student, junior Emily Kenyon, made the elite top four moving on to the national competition.

Although DECA competitions are great real-life experiences for high school students, and a valuable learning opportunities, competition fees and expenses can be costly. The Gloucester DECA team has created several upcoming fundraisers in order to fund DECA adviser, Ann Grassetti’s, and Emily Kenyon’s trip to Nationals in Anaheim, California.

One of the fundraisers planned is the DECA Spring Fling Basket Raffle. This event will have many different events and opportunities for participants, including a 50/50 raffle. During this event, the DECA team will be selling raffle tickets for specific baskets that will be given to the winner. These festive baskets have been sponsored by several Gloucester small businesses and are jam-packed full of gift cards and other goodies. Some of the cards being raffled include Turtle Alley Chocolates, Lone Gull Coffee, Cafe Bishco, Cape Ann Nails and many others.  

There are ten baskets each with individual creative themes. Raffle tickets will be sold $2.00 per ticket, $3.00 for five tickets, and $7.00 for ten tickets. This raffle event will be taking place in the DECA store the week of April 3-7 and will be available at both lunches daily. The winners for each basket will be pulled on Monday, April 10th and will be contacted by the DECA leadership team. Please help support our DECA members go to nationals, and participate in this fun Spring Fling Fundraiser Event!