Interact brings spirit of the season to Pathways

Mike Perreault

GHS students color with kids at the annual Interact Pathways Christmas party

MARIA KOTOB, Staff Writer, Editor

For some children, December is like the holy grail. Santa Claus leaves them presents, they get to sit in their pajamas all morning with hot cocoa as they play with their newly unwrapped gifts, and go play in the snow during their school vacation.  

They also can attend various holiday parties, including the one last Saturday, when Gloucester High School’s Interact Club hosted their annual festive Pathway’s Christmas Party.

“I love the Pathways Christmas party, I think it is so much fun,“ said Interact secretary Jenna Taormina. “This is my third year doing it. I do face painting and it makes me happy when the kids are happy because they like what I drew.”

Interact Club provided various arts and crafts tables, including a cookie decorating station. Lunch and a variety of cookies were provided for the guests to enjoy in between activities throughout the party.

“We had a bunch of new stuff we don’t usually do. We did letters to soldiers this year, and Christmas tree decorating with Popsicle sticks,” said Taormina.

The children waited patiently for Santa, and erupted in cheers at his arrival halfway through the party. Photos were taken, questions of who wanted what for Christmas were discussed, and to finish he read them the holiday classic, The Night Before Christmas.

Smiles spread from one kid to the next, with no disappointment in sight. The sound of laughter and pure joy rang through the room, presenting a positive turnout for this year.

“The Christmas party went well, we served 61 families over the course of three hours,” said Interact Club adviser Michael Perreault. “The kids seemed to have a good time so it was a success.” 

Interact is also collecting toy and gift card donations for the Wellspring Holiday store this weekend.  If you would like to donate please bring items to room 2217.