Fisherman football takes down Revere

Michael Lattof Jr.

Senior captain Eric Cameron takes down Victor Rivera on Gloucester’s five yard line

JENNA TAORMINA, Staff Writer, Editor

Gloucester football took home its third victory in a 34-14 win last Friday night against Revere. Senior captain Christian Sanfilippo surpassed 2,000 career yards during the game.

Last year, Sanfilippo rushed for over 1,000 yards marking himself as the only junior in Gloucester High School history to do so.

Sanfilippo rushed for a total of 217 yards on Friday night and has already rushed 507 yards this season alone. He also scored four of the Fisherman’s five touchdowns for the night. The fifth touchdown was scored by sophomore Jan Ortiz in the fourth quarter.

In the first quarter, the Patriots were almost able to score but an interception by senior captain Nate Young in their end zone stopped them in their tracks.

Revere was unable to put themselves on the board until the end of the third quarter when quarterback Eddie Sullivan found his way into the end zone. Young also intercepted a pass by Sullivan in the third quarter.

“We played 36 minutes of solid football but we haven’t played a full game to our full potential,” said Young. “It was also nice to get the sophomores and freshmen in.”

The Fisherman improve to 3-1 in the season while the Patriots fall to 0-4. The team plays again Friday night in Winthrop at 7:00pm.