Bounce back into shape with Tennis

Lynn Salah

2015 girls’ tennis team.

HANNAH ZUIDEMA, Staff Writer

Are you ladies looking for a fun way to get in shape this spring? Consider joining the tennis team.

The GHS girls’ tennis team will not exist this year unless more students sign up. The current members of the team are looking for any girls who are interested, even those with no prior experience.

“We will accept anyone who can or can not play, we will teach you and help you laugh when you fail.” said tennis player Katie Nugent.

The team lost five seniors last year and currently does not have enough players to have both varsity and junior varsity teams. Varsity needs another player to fill the last spot on the team and the program needs more girls to join in order to create a JV team.

“We all got to know each other really well and became good friends last season,” said tennis player Rosalia Galanis. “And it is a lot of fun just being around this group of people.”

Last year the team finished with record of 6-8 and hopes to improve this season.

“We all started out as beginners, but now we know what we are doing,” said Galanis. “The nice thing about tennis is that you don’t need years of experience to play, unlike softball and lacrosse, you just need a little hard work to pick it up.”

Anyone who is interested in joining or would like information about winter clinics at the MAC should contact Jadin Aubrey, Rosalia Galanis, Katie Nugent, Teá Ryder, or Ellen Pereira.