• May 22Seniors : banquet photos have arrived, pick up at school store during lunches

• May 15Prom tickets $44.00 each, on sale during lunches, clear your obligations first

• May 15AP Economics : Students that are interested in taking AP Economics please see Ms. Grassetti in Room 3202

2015 music review

The Gillnetter's Gianna Cabral previews and reviews the latest music

commons.wikimedia.org

commons.wikimedia.org

GIANNA CABRAL, Staff Writer

The year 2015 has been a great year in music so far. Many new albums were released toward the end of the summer and throughout September.

MTV’s Artist To Watch, Halsey, recently came out with her debut album, Badlands, at the end of the summer.

Badlands gives you an inside look on what really goes on in the mind of the twenty year old pop star who is ready to conquer the world. She wrote a majority of the album herself, which makes it a meaningful album because the the lyrics comes directly from the artist. Badlands is a combination of alternative, indie pop, and electro-pop music. If you like unique and meaningful music, this might be the album for you.

Singer-songwriter Melanie Martinez from Baldwin, New York was on The Voice in 2012. On August 14th, her first album, Cry Baby, was released. Her album is indie pop and electro-pop. From her EP, Dollhouse, the same-titled single has made a reappearance on the album. Overall, Cry Baby is mostly a pop album with a hint of Halloween creepiness.

Born in New York, thirty year old Lana Del Rey is a singer-songwriter who came out with her fourth album, Honeymoon, on September 18th.  Honeymoon sounds pretty similar to Lana Del Rey’s past music, but is newer and improved. Her recent album is more alternative pop and soft rock, which would be a great album choice for people who are into slower music.

There are also many anticipated albums that are coming out later this year.

Demi Lovato’s fifth album, Confident, is set to be released on October 16th. A few snippets of songs from the album have been released and let’s just say, it’s nothing like anything performed by her before. The first single, Cool For The Summer, which has recently been released, is the total opposite of her former works of art, like Skyscraper, for example.

Avicii’s upcoming album Stories, which comes out on October 2nd, is an album worth waiting for. Stories is going to be an EDM and house album, so if you like dancing it’s probably a good album to keep your eyes out for. Like his last album, it should be emotional yet energetic.

Whether you’re a Lovatic, house music fan, or just love music in general, keep your eyes out for these new albums.