Legally Blonde opens this weekend

Jessica Ruggles

Cast of Legally Blonde rehearses for opening night.

JENNA TAORMINA, Staff Writer

Love the popular movie Legally Blonde? Well then you’re bound to love Gloucester High School’s production, Legally Blonde: The Musical.

The story follows Elle Woods, played by junior Mikayla Healey, whose boyfriend, played by senior Aaron Smith, breaks up with her because he thinks she isn’t serious, but is a stereotypical blonde girl.

Elle gets into Harvard Law School to prove to her ex that she really is serious. By the end of the play, Elle learns that she is so much more than a stereotype.

“The play is about finding yourself and breaking barriers,” said sophomore Hannah Sears. “The moral is don’t judge a book by its cover.”

Josh Flynn is the stage manager for this musical. “During rehearsal I work with Amy Geraghty and Ms. Ruggles on props, organizing things, and stage cues.”

The musical even has live music for the songs. Senior Cal Cook from The Docksiders will be on the drums with a guitar player and bass player who have already graduated from other high schools.

Spectators can look out for teacher cameos as well.

This is Ms. Ruggles’ first musical at GHS. Come and support the cast and crew.  Proceeds from Legally Blonde will benefit the drama club.

IF YOU GO

What: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Where: GHS Auditorium
When: April 10th @ 7:00pm, April 11th @ 2pm and 7pm, April 12th @ 2pm

How Much:  Tickets available at the door or online.  Students & Seniors: $8 Adults: $15