The Gillnetter

The student news site of Gloucester High School in Gloucester, MA

Breaking News
  • Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • Term 4 progress reports on 5/8!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

The Gillnetter

The Gillnetter

Polls

What political issue is most important to you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

GHS Guidance Department hosts “Wellness Week”

Jane Cullen

Looking for a fun way to destress during midterms? 

Next week, the GHS Guidance Department will be hosting a series of wellness activities to give students a chance to relax and have fun during the midterms period as well as promote a positive school environment during the stressful period.

“This is something to add a little bit of fun into a stressful week for students,” says Ms. Cullen.

“We are looking forward to it and we want as many students and faculty to participate as possible and have a fun week during a time that can be stressful,” Cullen said. 

The activities being held include snack breaks, guided walks, and restorative yoga in the Weight Room. There will also be coloring and other calming activities, as well as the chance to grab a midterms survival kit and stress ball. Massage tools and other amenities will also be provided for students to take advantage of, as well as therapy dogs in attendance on Friday, January 19th. 

Students who participate in any of the events will also have a chance to earn raffle tickets for daily prizes like gift cards to local businesses including Shore Nutrition and Castaways. 

For more information on the events to come, feel free to contact Ms. Cullen ([email protected]) with any questions.