• Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

1623 Studios hosts TV production workshops

Scan the QR code to sign up for a workshop!

This week, 1623 Studios will be hosting a hands-on workshop for high school students who are interested in learning about TV production, and how to work with filming equipment. The workshop is available to all grade levels, and is free to attend.

Founded in 2006 as “Cape Ann Regional Television Access Corporation”, 1623 Studios is a non-profit community media center representing the four towns of Cape Ann: Gloucester, Essex, Rockport, and Manchester-by-the-Sea. A frequent partner with the Gloucester 400+, 1623 Studios films city council meetings and school district meetings, produces local creative and educational pieces, and much more. For more information on the studio, you can find their website here, and you can subscribe to their official newsletter here.

These workshops are intended to provide students access to the skills needed to make and produce their own media, be it short films or YouTube videos. 1623 Studios will provide all necessary equipment for the workshop. Each session is capped at 10 attendees per day. To secure a spot, scan the QR code on the poster and fill out a Google Form. If spots fill up, there may be future additional workshops for interested students.

For GHS students with additional questions, please contact Ms. Morris in room 3307 at [email protected].

IF YOU GO:

What: Intro to TV Production workshop at 1623 Studios

When: December 5th and 6th, 3:30-5pm.

Where: 1623 Studios at 11 Pleasant Street

How Much: Free!