• Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

GHS music department holds Fall Coffeehouse

Lexi Thomas

This Thursday, the GHS music program will put on their annual Fall Coffeehouse, on November 30th at 7pm.  Held in the cafeteria, the event is free for the public to attend. A $4.00 donation is suggested for those who are able. 

The event will feature songs from the GHS Jazz Band and the GHS Chorus, as well as several guest ensembles and soloists. The band and chorus have been rehearsing songs throughout the school year, both in class and during after school rehearsals. The performance will include 6 songs from the jazz band, 2 songs from the chorus, and additional performances from featured performers.

“The performing arts community at GHS has been working very hard this past semester to put together these pieces we will be performing,” Emma Alves, a soprano with the GHS Chorus, said. “When Lundquist is unavailable, our student directors have been stepping up, and they’ve been doing some really great work. We’re very excited to show these songs to you.” 

Band student director Thea Cunningham has been a leader in the rehearsal process for the GHS Jazz Band.

“Our jazz band is definitely bigger than last year, and we have a lot of new talented musicians, which is exciting,” Cunningham said. “We’ve been practicing hard, and now we’re just working on dynamics and making everything sound really great.”

Concessions will be available for purchase at the door. Come out and support our GHS musicians!

IF YOU GO:

What: The Fall Coffeehouse

When: November 30th, 7:00pm

Where: GHS Cafeteria

How Much: Free with a suggested $4 donation