• Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

Get in the spooky spirit with Teen Fright Night

This Friday October 20th, get into the Halloween spirit and join the CAM Teen Council for Teen Fright Night. Located in the auditorium of the Cape Ann Museum at 27 Pleasant Street, the CAM staff welcomes you to partake in a Halloween party catered to teenagers ages fourteen to nineteen.

Popular Halloween traditions such as pumpkin carving and costume competitions will be taking place and what’s more is this event is completely free and open to the public. Additionally, arts and crafts, music, food, and drink will be available to everyone. Teen Fright Night will start at 6PM and end at 8PM, the perfect time slot for a night out with friends who have curfews. 

“Most teenagers enjoy going out at night rather than during the day,”  Mylee Towne, a participant of the event said. “I feel like it’s not too long to the point where people would get bored of the event. And dressing up for the event gives us another chance to hang out with the people that we might not get a chance to go out with on Halloween.”

If you’ve ever felt particularly moved by work displayed in the museum or are drawing a blank on the perfect costume, CAM encourages you to dress up as a piece of art from the museum.

This event is presented by the CAM Teen Council, the leaders of youth events and initiatives at the Cape Ann Museum. In addition to Teen Fright Night, the Teen Council plans other upcoming events catered to teens such as Teen Study Hall on November 12. If this event interests you consider checking out more events at capeannmuseum.org/events. 

Want to be a part of the Teen Council? While applications for the Council in 2023 are closed, they will open again during the spring in 2024.