• Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

Drama club will hold auditions for “Little Women” next week

The+official+poster+for+Little+Women+
Lexi Thomas
The official poster for “Little Women”

This fall, the GHS Drama Club will perform Little Women as their performance. 

The original story by Louisa May Alcott has been adapted for the stage by Marsha Chamberlain, and tells the story of the March sisters, Jo, Mary, Beth, and Amy, as they discover themselves during the Civil War period. 

Auditions for the show will take place by appointment on Monday, September 18, and Wednesday September 20. Those interested in auditioning should prepare a one-minute Victorian monologue and should also fill out the audition form available on the GHS Drama Club website beforehand and sign up for an audition slot (also found on the website). Callbacks will be taking place on Friday, September 22, from 2:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. 

For those who are interested in helping out behind the scenes, production team applications can also be found on the website along with their due date of Thursday, September 14 by 3:00 p.m. Applications for tech crew are also available on the website. 

Although joining a new club may seem intimidating, the drama club is a great place to explore passions for the theater and to make new friends. 

“There’s not a lot of diversity, we only have three people of color so it’d be really nice to see fresh faces,” said sophomore Niava Friday. 

“Drama Club is very tight-knit so the more people we have the better it is to make more complex connections with new people rather than the people you’ve seen every year since elementary school,” said Friday. 

“The drama club helps to build a strong community and also helps students build up their confidence,” said Club President Lia Numerosi. 

“There is a place for everyone,” said Numerosi. “Whether you are on stage or backstage we always encourage new people.” 

For more general information about the drama club, students can email [email protected] or contact Drama Club Director Jessica Ruggles at [email protected].