GHS Band and Chorus to perform at The Shalin Liu

CLARA DEL VECCHIO, News Editor

The GHS Jazz Band will perform on Tuesday, May 16th, at 6:30 pm, at The Shalin Liu, a concert hall in Rockport, Massachusetts.

“There’s nothing quite like live music,” saxophone player Elijah Sarrouf said. “I know from a performer’s standpoint that the feeling of being up on that stage is irreplaceable, and I’m grateful that I have that opportunity so much. In the past, the community has really risen to the occasion to come to support the band, and I certainly hope they will again.”

The GHS Chorus will perform on Wednesday, May, 24th, at 6:30 pm, also at the Shalin Liu.

“The Shalin Liu is a gorgeous concert venue,” chorus member Lia Numerosi said. “We’re so lucky to have the opportunity to perform and showcase the many talented members there, we’re excited to share our gifts with the community.”

There is no cost for either of the concerts, but a suggested donation of $10. The donation is suggested, not required, because of band and chorus director Cole Lundquist’s belief that music is a right, not a privilege, and everyone should be able to experience it.

“These students have worked incredibly hard and they sound pretty amazing,” Lundquist said. “It’s a shame that not everyone in the world can hear their music, but if you’re able to, you definitely should come. I’m very proud of what they accomplished, and their improvement, even from the beginning of the year to now, just blows my mind.”