Field Hockey ends season in the Quarterfinals

Dawn Enos

The field hockey team poses after a game.

KELSY FRONTIERO, Contributor

Last Friday, the No.3 Fishermen faced the No.6 Clippers in the fight to make it to the Semi-Finals.

It was a close game, as both teams remained 0-0 until the last quarter. Newburyport was able to get a goal four minutes before the game ended, winning 1-0.

Throughout the game, both teams were able to get offensive and defensive corners, and continuous shots on the net. 

It was an equally matched game, and both teams were determined to win. Freshman Goalie Keagan Jewell made countless saves, blocking numerous shots in a row. The defensive players Anna Hafey and Joie Cody worked hard together to bring the ball out of the circle and up to the offensive line.

Lily Pregent and Anna Cinelli were able to get several breakaways,  sending shots at the net individually. The Newburyport goalie and defense played solid, and was able to send the ball out of the circle any chance they got.

The Fishermen had an amazing season, ending with the overall record of 16-2-3. The girls have been dedicated all year, going above and beyond to improve their skills. Their hard work and effort restored the program to where it belongs.

“We absolutely rocked out this season,” Coach Lauren said after the game. “I’m extremely proud of who you became as a team.”