GHS Band and Chorus Fall Coffee House a big success

Martin Del Vecchio

The GHS band plays as Elijah Sarrouf stands up for a solo.

CLARA DEL VECCHIO, News Editor

Last night, the band and chorus of Gloucester High School performed in the GHS cafeteria, in their Fall Coffee House. This was the second annual Fall Coffee House under the direction of Cole Lundquist, who assumed the role of music director at the beginning of last school year. There was no entrance fee, but a 5 dollar donation was suggested.

“I am incredibly proud of how my students stepped up and stepped out,” said Lundquist. “I got a lot of great feedback about the performance, which is great because the Coffee House is a great way to introduce the ensemble to the public.”

The band played ‘Let the Good Times Roll,’ with solos by Elijah Sarrouf and Treely Dowd, ‘Cruella De Vil,’ with solos by Treely Dowd and Sean Buckley, ‘Mercy Mercy Mercy,’ with a solo by AJ Porcello, ‘Watermelon Man,’ with a solo by Elijah Sarrouf, ‘Blue Bossa,’ with solos by Treely Down, Collin Kane, and AJ Porcello, and ‘Los Dos,’ with solos by AJ Porcello and Ari Priest. Elijah Sarroud and AJ Porcello also plated ‘Bye Bye Blackbird,’ which they had also performed at the GEF event, which was held in October.

The chorus sang ‘Stand By Me,’ and ‘Run,’ and several chorus members had vocal solos. These included “Still Hurting,’ sung by Malia Andrews, ‘Riptide,’ sung by Melody Mattson, ‘Blackbird,’ sung by Jessica Cote, ‘July,’ sung by Trinity O’Leary, ‘Work Song,’ sung by Emma Allen, and “Since I Saw Vienna,’ sang by AJ Porcello.

“I really enjoy performing and the coffee house is a great opportunity to show our progress to the public,” Porcello said. “I owe a lot to Mr. Lunquist and my peers for making this possible, and I owe a lot to the community for making it free, thanks to their generosity and support.”

The band’s next concert is their Holiday Concert, which will be held on December 16th, in the GHS auditorium.