Girls Soccer Loses Final Game to Beverly 

Rosalia Ferrara

Junior Morgan Pennimpede gets ready to take free kick.

ANNIKA NYBORG, Staff Writer

Fishermen-girls soccer played the Beverly Tigers last night in an intense match-up. Gloucester fought hard but ended up losing 6-2. This was a difficult loss for the Fishermen as it was their final game of the season. Gloucester’s record finishes at 5-10-2.

Beverly has always been a tough opponent for Gloucester but the Fishermen came out ready to play. They held a strong line against a very fast Beverly offense. Unfortunately, the Tigers had a quick play that lead to a goal. Gloucester stayed strong and worked hard to prevent another goal. Offensively, the Fishermen didn’t have many opportunities, but sophomores Skye Ciolino, Ava Paone, and Taiya Mano put a lot of pressure on the Tiger’s defense. The first half finished with Gloucester down 1-0.

The second half started off well, as Gloucester carried their determination into the half. As the half continued Gloucester began to struggle and Beverly capitalized on this. The Tigers put in 5 goals during this time. The Fishermen picked up the pace again and Paone put two into the net. Gloucester was tried and down 4 but pushed through and finished the game strong. In the end, the final score was 6-2.

Even though Gloucester lost they worked hard and had a competitive game. This was a hard game for the Fishermen to finish the season with, but they held their heads high and persevered.