College fairs to be held online

CLARA DEL VECCHIO, Staff Writer

Now is the time of the year when juniors would be attending college fairs, but due to COVID-19, the fairs have been moved online. Nonetheless, there are still options for students who want to participate in the virtual tours and meetings. For any interested juniors there is a wide variety of schools attending the college fairs with people willing to talk to any prospective students. Even students who don’t know what they want to do should check it out or at least visit the websites to see if there are any schools they are interested in. 

NEACAC (New England Association for College Admission Counselling) is holding a live college fair on Thursday October 29th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm, and another one on Sunday November 15th from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. If a student misses those live meetings, the booths will still be available for viewing through the end of December, but during the meeting times there will be reps present and available to take questions. You can sign up for the NEACAC virtual college fairs here.

NACAC (National Association for College Admissions Counselling) is holding their live college fair on Sunday November 8th from 2:00 – 10:00 pm. Some colleges will be available the entire time, and others have specific slots they will be available. You can sign up for the NACAC virtual college fairs and find the different times for different colleges here.

Naviance, which students have most likely already signed up for, will also be holding meetings with colleges. The instructions for how to sign up for that are here. Some of the Naviance college fair meetings have already taken place, but the following schools will be holding theirs in the future.

Oct. 26 – Johnson & Wales at 11:00 am             

Oct. 27 – Framingham State at 1:00 pm

Oct. 29 – Eastern Conn State University at 9:00 am

Nov. 2 – University of East Anglia (UEA) at 8:00 am

Nov. 2 – Rivier University at 10:00 am

Nov. 5 – Savannah College of Art & Design at 9:00 am            

Nov. 10 – Anna Maria College at 4:00 pm

Even though they can’t be in person, college fairs are still happening and are a great opportunity for students to check out colleges of their choice or see what college catches their eye.