• May 10Want to join Student Government? Pick up a form in Mrs. Finacey's room and return it by May 22nd!

• April 30Prom tickets are now on sale at both lunches for $60!

• April 22Girls Varsity Tennis has a game against Danvers at GHS on Friday, May 17th at 4:00pm

• April 22Boys Varsity Tennis has a game against Peabody at Peabody High School on Friday, May 17th at 4:00pm

• April 2Girls Varsity Softball has a game against Danvers at GHS on Friday, May 17th at 4:00pm

• March 31Boys Varsity Lacrosse has an Alumni game at GHS on Friday, May 17th at 6:30pm

• March 25Boys Varsity Baseball has a game against Danvers at Twi Field on Friday, May 17th at 6:30pm

• March 25Girls Varsity Lacrosse has a game against Winthrop at Miller Field on Friday, May 17th at 4:00pm

Girls Lax journey to the tourney

Back to Article
Back to Article

Girls Lax journey to the tourney

SARAH WHITMORE, Staff Writer

Spring has sprung, and so has the GHS Girl’s  Lacrosse team. Just like the spring weather this year, their season started off with some major adjustments.

“In the beginning of our season it took some time to adjust,” said team captain Sophie Caldwell. “With last year’s graduating class our team lost 2 all conference players, 4 all stars and a two time defensive MVP.”

These adjustments were only minor setbacks as the team welcomed back Coach Michael Latoff.

“Starting the season with Coach Latoff back was awesome because he is an excellent coach,” said Caldwell. “He has pushed us to work very hard, and we have improved drastically. In the next upcoming weeks we are pushing to get a spot in the tournament.”

After a win yesterday against Winthrop, the team is back in full swing.   They are now looking forward to games against Salem and Revere to forge a spot in the tournament. Revere will be the biggest of the games, as have they have already lost against them once this season.

“From the last time we played Revere we have improved a lot, we have been working endlessly in practice to fix all our mistakes,” said Caldwell.

The team prepares for a home game against Salem this Monday at Newell Stadium 5pm. Team spirit remains positive that it’s hard work will payoff.

“The coaches and all the girls have put in an incredible amount of time and hard work into this season on and off the field,” said Caldwell. “The upcoming games will be great, and I think this team has all the potential and skills to get to the tournament”.