Winter fashion 2017

Public Domain

Public Domain

GIANNA CABRAL, Staff Writer

The season of scrambling to pull out warm yet equally stylish clothes due to Gloucester’s Antarctica-like state is upon us once again. So, here are a  few tips to maintain your fashion sense while avoiding the effects of hypothermia.

As the weather gets colder, you will need something to cover your ears so they don’t freeze off. Lucky for you, beanies are always in style, regardless of the weather. These hats are cute and can be paired with almost any outfit.  

This winter, over the knee boots will be a necessity. You can buy boots with laces or a pair with a simple zipper up the side. You can even rock high boots with heels if you are feeling daring enough, and could wear these boots with a pair of jeans or a dress.

You can expect to see long sweaters as well. They can be customized and adjusted to your liking. You can go with a simple color like black or brown, or you could also go out of your comfort zone and try a new and groovy pattern.

Another piece of clothing that has been a staple for the past few years and will be this winter is jackets with fur hoods. These jackets look great whether they’re long, short, or even bomber style coats. They will definitely keep your head warm this season, while looking undeniably fashionable.

Of course, you can’t forget that Uggs are the most popular winter shoe this season, and every season for the past 15 years. You can easily throw on them on if you’ve just rolled out of bed while still looking like you’ve tried. Although many people don’t want to follow the trend of these “basic white girl” shoes, they are very comfy and easy to put on. Regardless of your style, these boots are made to go with anything that your heart desires. Besides, it’s lame to not wear what you want because of stereotypes.

Even though winter can be a frigid and traumatic experience (a.k.a. snowmageddon 2015), great fashion can make this season worthwhile.