Mamma Mia to hit the stage this weekend!

Jessica Ruggles

(from left) Emily Frick, Marissa Orlando, Sarah Wermer, Nathaniel Oaks and Rebecca Dowd rehearsing for theie upcoming performance of Mamma Mia

MADISON LAING, Staff Writer

Can you dance? Can you jive? Have the time of your life at the GHS Theatre programs production of Mamma Mia!

Mamma Mia, a musical about a girl named Sophie, who tries to find out who her biological father is by inviting all three contenders to her wedding. Chaos ensues when her three possible fathers and her mother are reunited. It features songs originally by Swedish band ABBA.  The story deals with love, loss, and the discovery of self-identity. There is something in the show that everyone can connect with, including ABBA greatest hits “Dancing Queen”, “Take A Chance on Me” and “SOS”.

The show features 37 GHS Theatre members in the cast and crew. These students have been an immense amount of work since January to make this show come together, and it shows.

The show runs at about two and a half hours, with a 15-minute intermission. Snacks and drinks will be sold outside the auditorium. Drama Grams are also available for purchase for any member of the cast or crew.

IF YOU GO

WHAT: Mamma Mia!

WHEN: Thursday April 4th 7:00 p.m., Friday April 5th 7:00 p.m., Saturday April 7th- matinee 1:00 p.m. & evening show 7:00 p.m.

WHERE: GHS Putney Auditorium

HOW MUCH: Tickets are $8 for senior/staff/students, $12 for adults if you purchase online, and $15 if bought in person. There is a family pack which is for two adults and two students/seniors/staff for $35.

You’ll be able to buy tickets online at: https://gloucesterhighdrama.blogspot.com/p/spring-musical-tickets.html