Fish Tales offers unique storytelling experience for students

BRANDON SMITH, Staff Writer

What’s your story? Is it funny, inspirational, entertaining, or heartbreaking? Do you want to share it, but don’t know how? Then “Fish Tales” is for you.

The Gloucester Writers Center is actively looking for student volunteers to tell their stories at “Fish Tales”, a live storytelling program on March 23rd at Gloucester Stage Company. The show will feature Gloucester High School students.

“Gloucester Writers Center and the Gloucester Stage Company are excited to work with Gloucester High School Students to put on a very popular show,” said organizer Maureen Aylward. “We want a lot of students to come and open up storytelling to a whole new audience.”

While there is specific theme, each story should be 5 minutes long, and should be authentic stories about a particular event. The storytellers should be able to stand up and tell their stories without notes in front of the audience.

The Gloucester Writers’ Center has been putting on shows for 5 years, with a new show every 6 weeks. This will be the first time a show features GHS students.

The show will benefit the Galen GIbson fund, which contributes to local education initiatives, groups that help victims of gun violence, and organizations that promote common sense gun laws.

While this is not a ticketed event,  donations of any amount are encouraged at the door.

If you are interested in participating as a storyteller, contact Ms. Mochowski in room 2203 or at [email protected] or Maureen Aylward [email protected]