Sticky notes spread positivity

Rachel Vincent

Students write positive messages on sticky notes to help boost student morale

GIANNA CABRAL, Staff Writer

Inspired by Matthew Chavez’s Subway Therapy wall in New York City, The GHS Art Club has taken their own initiative to help spread positivity in GHS.

For two weeks, the Art Club was in the cafeteria encouraging students and staff members to write something positive on a sticky note to add to their “Wall of Positivity” outside the teacher’s lunch room.

“This project is a reflection of the times that we live in,” said Art Club Adviser Lorrinda Cerrutti. “We, as a club, feel that it is important to promote kindness and positively through art. ”

Not only was the Art Club looking for encouraging messages, but they were also accepting donations. The amount of money donated will be matched by them and donated to the Wellspring in Gloucester.

“I hung up something to be part of a positive movement and to possibly brighten someone’s day,” said junior Hannah Grover. “High school isn’t always 100% bright and positive so adding some positive quotes and phrases could really help students who lack happiness or inspiration.”

“We hope that the wall will become an installation for this school year and serve as a reminder of how we can promote a supportive and safe community for everyone,” said Cerrutti.

The wall is set up in the cafeteria so be sure to stop by to write a message on a sticky note to help spread positivity and creativity throughout the school’s atmosphere.  

For more information about the original wall in New York City, go to: http://www.wsj.com/video/thousands-leave-post-it-notes-on-nyc-subway-wall/64882BD1-3406-4A91-BC0C-B486F0CE2068.html