The Gillnetter

The student news site of Gloucester High School in Gloucester, MA

Breaking News
  • Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • Term 4 progress reports on 5/8!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

The Gillnetter

The Gillnetter

Polls

What political issue is most important to you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Girls Hockey makes The Magicians disappear in 6-1

Elizabeth+Gentile+anticipates+a+pass+during+last+Saturday%E2%80%99s+game+against+Newburyport.+
Aleena Brown
Elizabeth Gentile anticipates a pass during last Saturday’s game against Newburyport.

The Marblehead Magicians failed to squish the fish during Thursday’s game, where the Fishermen swam by them with a 6-1 win.

Keagan Jewell and Ari Scola scored 2 goals each, while Ella Costa and Abby Lowthers both scored 1.

Jewell was a powerhouse on the ice throughout all three periods. She not only scored 2 of Gloucester’s 6 goals, but she dominated the game with strong shots and offensive prowess. The team executed a strong forecheck and kept the puck in Marblehead’s zone throughout the majority of the game. 

The defense of Costa, Elizabeth Gentile, Jewell, and Brooke McNiff tested the Magicians, getting many shots past them and at the goalie. Gloucester shot a total of 34 shots at the net, while the Magicians only shot 9. 

Kaydin Cusumano was a force to be reckoned with, blocking Marblehead’s shots with power. She did a standout job, as always, securing the win for the girls.

The team moves to 2-0 on the season, with their next game this Sunday at home against Medford. It is also Cape Ann Youth Hockey day at the game, with the varsity game starting at 4:00pm. Come support the girls as they look to add onto their perfect record.