• Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

GHS Wrestling team stays undefeated with win against Reading

Morgan+Pennimpede+takes+down+her+opponent+at+last+nights+meet.+
Bailee Militello
Morgan Pennimpede takes down her opponent at last night’s meet.

In the first meet of the 2023-2024 season, the GHS wrestling team swept the competition, winning against their 4 other opponents and winning the meet. In their second match, they continued their winning streak, beating Reading High School 60-21.

Freshmen Drew Rodolosi, Aiden DeCoste, Jayden Chadwick, J.J Figueroa-Mercado, and Anthony Murawski all had pins on the night. Captain Jayden Toppan, along with Zack Hashley and Evan Mione also won their matches. 

This year’s roster is one of the team’s biggest in the past few years, with many incoming freshmen in the program. The team is looking to have a big season that will end in bringing a championship back to GHS.

“I am proud of our team, especially for the newer guys,” senior captain and team manager Bailee Militello said post-meet. “They really passed our expectations all around. I’m looking forward to the rest of the season.”