The Gillnetter

The student news site of Gloucester High School in Gloucester, MA

Breaking News
  • Junior Event on 4/26!
  • DECA Internationals on 4/27!
  • Term 4 progress reports on 5/8!
  • April Break starts on 4/15!
  • Senior Banquet on 4/25!

The Gillnetter

The Gillnetter

Polls

What political issue is most important to you?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Gloucester smashes Peabody with 7-0 win

Aleena Brown
Lexi Carollo (Left) and Talia Harrington (Right) pose for the camera post-game

The Gloucester Field Hockey team came down hard Monday afternoon against the Peabody Tanners for a 7-0 win. The high-scoring game was led by captain Abby Lowthers, who had a hat trick. Lily Pregent and Talia Harrington both put up two goals each. Pregent also assisted Lowther’s first two goals, along with Anna Cinelli’s two assists.

Lowthers got the game moving, scoring quick in the first quarter. Captains Ari Scola and Ella Costa came out tough from the start, racking up multiple shots. Anna Hafey drove the ball on free hits while Bella Goulart was there to lay down hard blocks. Joie Cody dominated the midfield, placing the ball in position for the forward lines to shoot.

Lexi Carollo and Jordan Palk teamed up, blocking the ball in front of sophmore goalie Keagan Jewell. Jewell saw few shots on goal, but blocked every ball that came her way. Pregent and Lowthers were a unit together, with strong passes back and forth throughout every quarter they played.

After the Fishermen hit the five goal mark, the underclassmen had an opportunity to get some time on the field. Talia Harrington, Elliana Parsons, and Maddie Jewell were strong at forward, with all three of them throwing in good shots. Freshman Olivia Madruga was strong in the midfield, along with Katy Aaron and Emma Carrapichosa. The three players, along with defenders Ashlyn Orlando and Ivanna Ferrara, kept the ball up in Peabody’s zone. 

With 4 games left in the season, the Fishermen move to 10-2-2. The team is scheduled to play an away game in Beverly this Wednesday, and are looking to add another win to their record. They are also preparing for a big match up against Malden Catholic on Friday, which is their senior night. Come support the graduating seniors Friday night at 4:15!