• Math MCAS on 5/21 and 5/22!
  • Senior Arts Night 5/19!
  • Student Art Festival on 5/18!
  • Vocational Awards Night 5/9!
  • Academic Recognition Night 5/30!

Gloucester ties Masconomet 1-1

Aleena Brown
Talia Harrington (Left) and Elliana Parsons (Right) watch the Gloucester vs Masco game

The Gloucester Field Hockey team tied Masconomet on Tuesday with a final score of 1-1. Captain Ari Scola was the lone scorer for the Fishermen.

Previously, Gloucester handed Masco their first loss since entering the NEC in 2020 last month. However, after Scola’s goal at the start of the 3rd quarter, the Fishermen couldn’t find the back of the net.

Scola scored Gloucester’s goal within 2 minutes of the third quater on a pass from Costa on a corner. Sophomore Elliana Parsons had a good save right in front of sophomore goalie Keagan Jewell to prevent the ball from reaching the latter. Sophmore Emma Carrapichosa also started on defense. 

Both Pregent, Costa, and Abby Lowthers made more shots at the net that never made it in. Costa had a rush up the field, passing onto her fellow offensive midfielders and forwards, but none could hit the net. Anna Hafey was lockdown on defense along with Anna Cinelli working hard up on offense. After Masco scored with 4:59 left, the Fishermen couldn’t bounce back. 

The Fishermen’s record on the season is now 6-1-2, with only a month left of regular season play. They move on to play an away game against Saugus on Thursday.