Girls Field Hockey finishes season strong, advances to tournament

Lexi Thomas

Team members Anna Hafey, Joie Cody, Bella Goulart, Siri Hale, Kelsy Frontiero, Jordan Palk, and Isabelle Forbes.

KELSY FRONTIERO, Contributor

Fishermen field hockey now plowed through serious competition, and has advanced to the top 8 in the conference.

Currently, the team’s record so far is 14-1-2.  Early in the season, the team beat their rival, Danvers, 1-0. This win set the pace for how the rest of the season would play out.

The team’s success this season is owed to the hard work and dedication of its players. The Fishermen’s strong offensive lineup is made up of Abby Lowthers, Anna Cinelli, and Lily Pregent. These three have been bringing the pressure and scoring consistently for the Fishermen.

Their midfield trio, Ella Costa, Ariana Scola, and Aria Caputo, are rock solid, and do an amazing job of bringing the forward momentum during scoring opportunities, as well as getting the ball out and up defensively.

Lastly, the team’s defense, made up of Bella Goulart, Isabella Forbes, Anna Hafey, and Joie Cody, keeps the team protected from incoming goals. They have been focusing on backing each other up and bringing the ball to the side and sending it up to the corner.

Freshman Keagen Jewell is crushing it in her first season, gaining around 8 shutouts over the course of the 2022 season.

Gloucester has been working hard even prior to the season, and their hard work and effort has paid off.

The girls advance next week, finding out their tournament schedule on Tuesday, November 1st. Wish them luck!