Free music rocks at EarthFest

JULIA HORNE, Staff Writer

The weather is getting hotter and the students can feel summer approaching. Although students still have a couple of weeks left, they might not take the time and appreciate the fun events all around them. One of these events is Radio 92.9 EarthFest 2016 presented by Whole Foods.

The festival will take place on Saturday May 21st, 2016 at the DCR Hatch Memorial Shell from 10:00am – 5:00pm.

The Winner of the 92.9s Battle of the Band’s, Flights of Fire, will open the festival. Then be preceded by The Strumbellas, a Canadian alternative country/ indie rock band. Thier most recent album, Hope, is available online.

Another band that will perform is Joywave. Joywave is an American indie rock band who is known for their two singles ¨Somebody New¨ and ¨Tongues¨ from their 2014 album How Do You Feel.

The most anticipated band to perform this year is Fitz and The Tantrums at 3:15pm. The band is known for their songs ¨The Walker,”  “Out of my League,” “Moneygrabber,” etcs. They will most likely be perform songs from their new album Electra Record such as “HandClap”.

The event is sponsored by Whole Foods, and numerous vendors will be stationed around the area.

If you love alternative music but still have some reservations about going, just remember that it’s free. It is a great event for high school students who don’t have any money.