GHS has got talent

Morgan Taft

Conor Magee (left) prepares for the final phase of his trick with his impromptu assistant Mr. Goulart

SPENCER TAFT, Staff Writer

Last night, the most talented of GHS’s students felt the urge to show their stuff. Thirteen acts performed to a full house, with big names such as Kate Parisi, Josh Cominelli and Fulton Cunha.

Hosted by MC’s Jack Favazza and Sabrina Maciel, the show was full of music, magic, and dancing.  The teacher judges were Mr. Perreault, Mr. Goulart and Ms. Grassetti yesterday, and will be Ms. Stackhouse, Ms. Papows, and Mr. Enos tonight.

GHS sophomore Shannon Kelly participated because she enjoys performing. “I like to see other people being happy,” said Kelly. “To me when people have something to cheer for, it makes them just a little happier.”

Her haunting rendition of “Sally’s Song” from Tim Burton’s “Nightmare Before Christmas” was one of the many highlights of the show.

Connor Magee wowed the crowd with his death-defying magic act, and Aurora Billante and Erin Brosnan showed their strength and flexibility with their acrobatics. Last night also featured a “dating game”.

Tonight, there will be a “Fashion Show” with student council members of both genders, with a special appearance by a mystery teacher.

The event was organized by the advisers of the class of 2016, Sandra Eastman and Laura Hickey, as a fundraiser.

Ms. Eastman is optimistic that the event will help buffer out the extreme costs of holding events such as prom next year.

“In the past, other classes have made thousands on it. If you get a full house, you can bring in $4,000 easy,” said Eastman. “If all goes well, the prices on prom tickets will go way down.”

The junior class is eager to provide an outlet for the talented people at GHS.

“It was mostly to show off all the talented people we have. This school has a lot of talent, and we don’t know it,” said Eastman. “It gives them a chance to show off their expertise, and sometimes you wouldn’t even imagine that they had those talents.”

So if you missed the show last night, you still have a chance to see the final performances tonight at 6:00p.m. Tickets are $5 for students, $6 for adults.